11.5.07

in a rut

there's something about aeroplane air...

after flying from sydney to melbourne last friday, a nagging dry cough's seized my lungs and is annoying! also heard stories beforehand from friends who went through similar experiences…or it’s just me not wearing a scarf in the chilly Melbourne weather like what sharene pointed out. persisting in praying for my own healing – just last night before bed, I’d pray over myself (sounds weird…don’t do enough of that really!) and there’d be a release. then a few hours later, it creeps back in. ugh.

speaking about praying, i discovered something in God’s word today. sometimes i find myself getting into a ‘rut’ and not knowing what/how to pray. just this morning, this question lingered between the conscious and the sub-conscious and without even asking God, He shows me this:

Psalm 122:6-7

Pray for the peace of Jerusalem
Those who love you will prosper
Peace be within your walls and
Prosperity within your palaces.

(Peace = peace with God/individual’s personal relationship with God)
(Prosperity = fruitful/thriving in work given by God)

No comments: